Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Squeaky Crack Girrafe?

Huhm ... what the heck is up with this funny looking $20 squeaky toy for infants ... literally $20, folks ... AKA Sophie the Giraffe? Can someone PLEASE explain this toy to me ... I've looked at the thing online (rave reviews by the way) and stared at it for several minutes in numerous stores on several occasions and honestly, I can't bring myself to spend $20 on a soft plastic squeaky toy giraffe ... especially given that it looks more like a $2 toy that my cat would likely assume belongs to him, thus chewing on the darn thing to death until it squeeks no more ... there it is ... it looks like a squeaky toy you'd purchase for a pet ... does it talk? walk? do the eyes move or blink? NO!!! It's just a darn squeaky toy! I DON'T GET IT ... when I asked the question ... "so what's up with this giraffe?" ... a woman explained, "its like crack for babies." Huhm ... interesting ...

Anyway, I finally caved ... I purchased the darn toy after my struggling with my conflicted feelings about this toy for months now ... I'm not proud but the way people rave about this thing, its almost as if I'm a bad mother if I don't purchase it ... oh the pressure ...

I'm assuming that this giraffe will in some way contribute to "exercising" my child's brain more than the $2, $3, $4, even $5 squeaky toys ... that it will surely add a few ... quite a few extra IQ points, somehow ... we shall see ...

2 comments:

  1. ::sigh::

    I caved and brought this too. I did get a nice pic of DS with it yesterday, but I think it was mostly because he was hungry and kept putting Sophie's ears in his mouth. 10 minutes later I caught my dog shoving Sophie's whole neck in hers. So far it's has made a better dog toy than baby one. But it is all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (laughing) ... at least I'm not the only one to cave under the pressure ... its crazy, right ... I was showing the toy to my husband last night (of course I did NOT mention how much it was) and his immediate response was, "it looks like a dog toy." Meanwhile, while he's investigating the giraffe, our cat heard the squeaking, ran over to get a closer look, and his eyes immediately dilated ... now I have to worry about him getting a hold of it ... I guess if our baby doesn't like it, one of us will get some use out of it ...

    ReplyDelete