Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cloth Diaper and Other Acronyms ...

Obviously, I'm very new to cloth diapering ... well, not "so" new to purchasing them but I haven't actually tried them out ... my model is still snug as a bug in my belly ... by the way, did I tell you that tomorrow I'll be 36 weeks along :D Anyway, here are a few that I've come across on various boards ... whenever I'm trying to make a purchase, I frequently have to research what the heck the seller is talking about. Enjoy:

AIO: all in one
OBV: organic bamboo velour
PPD: postage paid
FSOT: for sale or trade
EUC: excellent used condition
GUC: good used condition
PP: paypal
CD: cloth diaper
PUL: polyurethane laminate (waterproof fabric)
SS: side Snapping
FS: front Snapping
HTF: hard to find
WAHM: work at home mom
PF: pre-fold
FB: FuzziBunz
BG: Bum Genius
HH: Happy Heiny
GM: Goodmama
PP: PiddlePoddle
CPF: Chinese Prefolds
DSQ: Diaper Service Quality
FOE: Fold Over Elastic
IPF: Indian Prefold
OC: Organic Cotton
OS: One Size
TTO: Tea Tree Oil
UBCPF: Unbleached Chinese Prefolds

Here's a list of "General Abbreviations" that I found on diaperswappers.com

AP: Attachment Parenting
BF: Breastfed or Breastfeed
BIL: Brother In Law
BM: Breastmilk (also could mean bowl movement :D)
BTDT: Been There, Done That
BTW: By The Way
DD: Dear Daughter
DH: Dear Husband
DP: Dear Partner
DS: Dear Son
DW: Dear Wife
EBF: Extended Breastfeeding or Exclusive Breastfeeding
EC: Excellent Condition, sometimes EUC (Excellent Used Condition)
ETA: Edited to Add
FIL: Father In Law
FWIW: For What It’s Worth
FYI: For Your Information
HTH: Hope This Helps
IHA: I Have Available
IMO: In My Opinion
IMHO: In My Humble Opinion, In My Honest Opinion
IRL: In Real Life
ISO: In Search Of
ITA: I Totally Agree
KWIM: Know What I Mean ?
LLL: La Leche League
LOL: Laughing Out Loud
LMBO: Laughing My Butt Off
LMAO: Laughing My Arse Off
MIL: Mother In Law
NAK: Nursing At Keyboard
NIP: Nurse In Public
OTOH: On The Other Hand
PM: Private Message (PMd/pmd/pm'd - sent a private message already)
PPD: Postage Paid, shipping is included in the listed price
ROTFLMBO: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off
ROTFLMAO: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off
SAHD: Stay At Home Dad
SAHM: Stay At Home Mom
SIL: Sister In Law
TTC: Trying To Concieve
TTYL: Talk To You Later
WAHD: Work At Home Dad
WAHM: Work At Home Mom
WOHM: Work Out Of The Home Mom
WWYD: What Would You Do











No comments:

Post a Comment