Thursday, February 4, 2010

ArtsyFartsyFooFoo!

So, this past Sunday (January 31st), I prepared myself for the race that was to begin Monday morning at 11 am CST. My Internet connection has been acting up here on the home front and so, I decided to pack up my laptop and head over to Starbucks. There I was ... sipping a pellegrino w/a couple of squirts of vanilla ... I decided that it made the most since to make my color selections ... huhm ... brown, pink, peach, and maybe a white one. I thought this would be the quickest way to ensure that I would get what I wanted ...

My heart was pounding a million miles a minute ... I can't believe how anxious I actually was about this ... you would think that I was about to make the speech of a lifetime or something ... but no ... I WAS MERELY PICKING OUT SOME LUXURY ARTSYFARTSYFOOFOO milk maids ... also known as nursing pads. Boy ... life has certainly changed for me ...

I had heard all of the amazing reviews ... raves about these nursing pads ... that they're the "best" ... that there's nothing else out there that comes close. Honestly, I had never even seen them in person ... after all, they're only available online ... Jennifer (the infamous ArtsyFartsyFooFoo herself) makes each pair by hand ... they're hard to come by folks ... you have to almost have an "in" in order to get these things. After all, apparently she only restocks her online store bi monthly ... and when she does, its not like the number that she's able to hand make meets the demand ... breastfeeding moms order a few at a time ... so, it would seem that only a few people are actually able to win the "race" once the store officially opens. Yep ... "officially" opens ... you can't buy them before the store officially opens online ... AHHHHH! The insanity of it all!

Well, there I was ... already to press "buy (remember, I had entered my color selections)" when all of a sudden ... NOTHING ... I continuously pressed "buy" over and over and over again ... until I found that there was actually nothing left ... ZERO, SOLD OUT, NOTHING ... BUT HOW CAN THIS BE ... it wasn't even 11:01 yet!!!! Are you kidding me, she was sold out in a matter of seconds?!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was traumatized! I immediately sent her an email begging for her to make some customs ... well, that was Monday and here we are ... 11:04 p.m. CST Thursday night ... from what I understand, she received "a lot" of emails that day.

Fortunately, an awesome momma on the board that I frequent had a pair that she didn't need and agreed to send the pair of milkmaids to me for FREE ... I only had to pay $2 in shipping ... perfect! Thanks, girl! Of course when I received them yesterday, I discovered that these coveted milkmaids were as fabulous as everyone has raved about ... only makes me want them more.

Well, after a little research ... I realize that I should calm down ... that I have no idea of how much milk flow I'll have and so maybe, I should relax a bit until I know exactly what my needs are going to be ... its hard ... I LOVE BEING PREPARED AND ORGANIZED ... I'm the person that always has "stuff" stocked ... never run out of toothpaste, soap, nothing really ... whenever I buy, I buy a few of whatever at a time ... particularly if I catch "whatever it is" on sale. Like I said, I just like to be prepared.

Anyway, I'll hold off ... maybe I'll catch the "milkmaid lady" during her next restock ...

No comments:

Post a Comment