Monday, February 1, 2010

35/35!!!!!!!!!

WooHoo! I'm officially 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go until my estimated due date! Definitely a milestone! I can't believe that I could potentially have less than a month to go before this baby is born ... tomorrow will be the first of my new weekly doctors appointment schedule ... all of this is happening too fast.

I have to admit that if I take stock ... I am prepared ... well, I mean the baby has the majority of her "stuff" ... nursery pretty much setup, etc. BUT ... I'm not prepared for labor ... honestly, I'm terrified ... the husband and I have our all day class next Saturday, so this week I'll be getting my list of questions together ... hopefully the class will make me feel a little bit better about this "impending doom" ... or at least that's what it feels like ... of course there's an amazing reward in the end but I'm still scared ... and excited all rolled into one ... all of these emotions means very little sleep for me ... which I know isn't good ... especially when everyone keeps telling me to "get my rest." Anywho ... this is where we are:

How far along?: That's 35 weeks along! WooHoo! Times-a-flyin'!
Total weight gain: At my 34 week checkup, a total of 22 pounds! WooHoo!
Maternity clothes?: Yep ... doin it up maternity style
How big is baby?: Glad you asked! 5.25 pounds and about 18 inches in length ... she's such a big girl!
Stretch marks?: still nothing ... keep your fingers crossed ... although I have heard that they can show up AFTER the birth ... nice ...
Sleep?: No ... on and off throughout the night ... it sucks!
Best moment this week?: Well ... in a weird way ... Braxton Hicks ... these little short lived contractions just remind me of how close I'm coming to seeing my little lady!
Movement?: Yeah .... she's all over the place ... sort of ... well, not so much all over the place as she is strong ... strong hard movements are her thing these days ... she stops me in my tracks at this point from time to time.
Food cravings?: I've actually graduated to this weird "full" sensation ... if it wasn't bad for her, I'd feel totally satisfied with eating maybe once a day
Labor signs?: Nope ... that wouldn't be good but I am experiencing braxton hicks contractions at this point but not labor
Belly button in or out?: still in ... again, lets keep our fingers crossed ...
What I miss: alcohol ... not that I regularly indulge but 9 months and not even a drop ... I could use a mojito
What I'm looking forward to: The arrival of our little lady & of course, maternity leave!
Milestone: During my research ... I came up with the following:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

How your life's changing:

Your uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived — now reaches up under your rib cage. If you could peek inside your womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs, too, which is why you probably have to urinate more often and may be dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress. If you're not grappling with these annoyances, you're one of the lucky few.

From here on out, you'll start seeing your practitioner every week. Sometime between now and 37 weeks, she'll do a Group B streptococci (GBS) screen. GBS is usually harmless in adults, but if you have it and pass it on to your baby during birth, it can cause serious complications, such as pneumonia, meningitis, or a blood infection. Because 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women have the bacteria and don't know it, it's vital to be screened. (The bacteria come and go on their own — that's why you weren't screened earlier in pregnancy.) If you're a GBS carrier, you'll get IV antibiotics during labor, which will greatly reduce your baby's risk of infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment