Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Induction?!!! NOW?!!! But I'm not ready!!!!!!!

Uh ... so, today I had my usual weekly doctor's appointment ... last week, apparently there was some increased protein in my urine. I had also complained about "seeing stars." Well, they had me do a 24 hour urine analysis (my second ... the first was in October). Today during my routine visit, my blood pressure was elevated ... also, the results of my 24 hour urine analysis were not great at all ... so, before I knew it, my doctors promptly informed me that it was time for me "head over" ... uh ... what the heck does that mean? It was time for me to head over to the hospital for an induction ...

I couldn't help but laugh ... that was genuine reaction ... I was in complete and utter shock ... "I'm going to be induced today ... today?!!!" Fortunately, I had time to go home to get my bags (all packed and ready), do a little last minute panicky running around the house, and to call my husband to let him know that "its time." So, in his very serious voice, he asked me a million questions (anxiety) all of which I didn't know the answer to ... but he was able to get a 6:30 p.m. flight this evening ... which for me was still nerve racking because for some reason I had it in my head that I would be admitted to the hospital, they would start the petocin, and I would have the baby ... all of which would take place without my husband getting here in time for the birth of our first child. Fortunately, I was wrong.

Mom and I took a cab to the hospital (too nervous to drive) and I should have known but when we got to triage ... seemed a little crowded ... it appears that I will not be the only momma having a baby tonight or tomorrow ... anywho ... I checked in (quick because I was already pre registered) and they sent me up to labor and delivery. We sat in the waiting room waiting for "someone to come to get us" and the manager came in to let us know that we didn't yet have a room ... that there ARE in fact a bunch of momas who are having thier babies TONIGHT OR TOMORROW. So, they sent us back down to triage to get some blood drawn and to have the monitors hooked up to begin monitoring the baby's heartrate as well as my blood pressure.

So, here we are ... still in triage ... waiting for a room ... the good thing is that I think my husband will definitely have time to get here ... looks like the induction won't begin for a while ... I was all setup at about 4 p.m. in triage and here it is 7:20 ... the husband's flight left at 6:30 ... pretty confident he'll be able to make it ... keep your fingers crossed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment