Friday, October 9, 2009

Baby in the World ...

So, I've been dying to check out the hospital where our little one will be born ... I'm going to wait a bit to take the tour ... it's Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Prentice Women's Hospital. I think I'm going to hold off on the tour alone because I'm interested in the "Great Expectations course" which includes the following:

Great Expectations Weekday Program — Prepare for the childbirth experience with instruction on birthing options, labor stages, hospital procedures, pain management, comfort techniques, postpartum and newborn care and feeding. (Price includes dinner each class night)

The hospital was completed in 2007 and is located in the heart of Chicago, just north of Chicago's "Loop" between Michigan Avenue ( "The Magnificent Mile") and Lake Michigan. It's a great location ... a couple of blocks from my doc's office. I finally found some pics online. Great views of Lake Michigan! Honestly, I know that won't matter a bit but it's nice to fantasize about a "serene" birthing experience ... complete with aroma therapy, relaxing music, and a great view of Lake Michigan ... uh ... yeah right ...

http://www.owpp.com/content.cfm/nw_prentice_womens_hospital

(NOTE: just click on the tiny image which will give you a larger view ... at the top right of the page, you'll see "next page" and "previous page" to work through the images of the hospital)

No comments:

Post a Comment