Saturday, October 31, 2009

Are You Serious ... Food Poisoning?

So, Monday of this week ... October 26th ... well that evening while teaching my 2 hour and 50 minute Multicultural Issues in Counseling course, I vomited once, experienced increasingly painful stomach cramps, and I had diarrhea ... I had to leave the classroom 3 times. I made it through the class but by the time I got home, the pain was ridiculous ... talk about NO SLEEP ... I basically laid in bed all night with really painful stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea ... it was pretty bad ... the next day ... Tuesday the 27th ... I was miserable and pretty much stayed in bed all day. By Wednesday the 28th, all was pretty good ... I noticed that I seemed to be a little bloated and was experiencing some very light cramping but nothing too bad. On Thursday the 29th, I had my monthly prenatal ... I was fine ...

Well, by FRIDAY afternoon (the 30th) ... all was not well in the world ... all of my symptoms had returned but worse ... excruciating stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea ... it was bad ... once again, I didn't get any sleep that night ... last night ... I just hung out on the couch ... I sat up most of the night because my stomach seemed to feel worse when I laid down ... it was horrible ... I finally got to sleep about 6 am and woke up around 8 am ... I remembered that I had to get to the doctor's office by 10 am to drop off my urine sample and to get my blood work done. I was still in pain ... though I felt better but I felt too week to drive and so I was forced to catch a cab ... got there, dropped off the urine, had the blood work done and I was fortunately able to see the doctor but I pretty much knew what she would say ... "Sounds like food poisoning ... drink lots of fluids ... if it persists, call your primary physician." Thanks ... but I've had it before and yes ... I pretty much know the drill ... you wait it out ... my poor baby girl ... I know she was starving ... I pretty much didn't eat anything the day before ... it was too painful ... today, I've been drinking water and 7Up and I had a little vegetable broth for lunch ... well tofu soup ... not to be confused with miso soup ...

No comments:

Post a Comment