Thursday, December 31, 2009

What will go in the bag?

I found this on a blog that I paruse from time to time (http://helloalliebaby.blogspot.com/ ... thanks!)... it got me to thinkin' ... now that I have made my decision about what specific bag would work best for me ... well, as far as I can tell ... what actually goes IN a diaper bag ... here's what this momma had to say:
  • One to two cloth diapers
  • Peri bottle of cloth wipe solution
  • Nursing cover
  • Sweater, BabyLegs and socks
  • Extra onesie or a sleeper in case of the random leak
  • Sunhat and sunscreen (brown babies need sun protection too)
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Sanitizing wipes (good to have to wipe down public bathroom changing tables, etc.)
  • 6 - 10 cloth wipes
  • Wet bag
  • Tide-to-Go pen
  • Regular pen and note pad
  • A toy or two
  • Changing pad
  • Receiving blanket
  • Thermometer

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, and thanks for visiting my blog!

    I know I haven't updated in a long time, but what we currently carry in the diaper bag:
    - 1 reliable diaper
    - 3-6 wipes
    - peri bottle of water
    - changing pad
    - wet bag
    - santitizing wipes
    - Tide-to-Go pen
    - Extra pacifier
    - Pen and personal business cards (name, cell, email - free on vistaprint.com)
    - If summer, sunscreen and hat. If winter, hat and gloves (once removed).

    Not that different, but a bit pared down. I sometimes just put a wetbag with diaper and a couple wipes in my purse and use water on hand and go with just that. Practice makes perfect! :)

    Best wishes with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I really appreciate any advice I can get from "seasoned" mommas ;) I'm wondering ... do you use some sort of a solution to clean baby's bum? I've heard of using a mix of water, a few drops of baby oil or aloe, and a little baby wash ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the diaper bag, it's just water. For the nursery, we have these cubes that we got that are solution and we use them 50% of the time, but usually we use plain water because it's simpler and we'll realize last minute the spray bottle is empty. :) But when we started we did a little squirt of baby wash, a little squirt of baby oil and a drop or 2 of lavender oil. But water works just as well!

    ReplyDelete