Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade in Review ... WooHoo!

2000: Began my second semester as a doctoral student at Michigan State University while my now hubby was a student at the University of Michigan ... we traveled back and forth between East Lansing an Ann Arbor.

2001: Not much going on ... other than being a doctoral student but I will say that my now hubby was accepted to the doctoral program in epidemiology at Columbia University in NYC. Helped him move to NYC and I spent the rest of 2001 traveling back and forth between there and East Lansing. Unfortunately, the first few weeks that he was in NYC, his car was stolen ... along with my laptop which was in the trunk :( Oh the trauma!

2002: Finished up with my last year of coursework at Michigan State University and moved to NYC to be with my now hubby. Worked as a research assistant (part-time) at Columbia and continued to work on my dissertation proposal. Also applied to several internship sites, began interviewing, and was matched!

2003: Moved from NYC back to Washington DC to finish up with my year long clinical internship. Discovered my interest in forensic psychology. Continued to work on my dissertation.

2004: Finished and defended my dissertation! Graduated w/my doctorate from Michigan State University! WooHoo! Also accepted to the Law and Psychiatry Program in Forensic Psychology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School as a Postdoctoral Fellow!

2005: Finished up my Postdoctoral Fellowship, broke up with my now husband :( and moved to Chicago, IL to accept my first job as a forensic clinician

2006: While a forensic clinician, accepted my first adjunct faculty position and loved revisiting academia ... ultimately made the decision that teaching, research, and practice was the best combo for me ... accepted an administrative position with a local university to help develop an online MA program while continuing to teach adjunct in other departments ... loved it!

2007: Accepted my first tenure track faculty position!

2008: My hubby graduated w/his Ph.D. in Epidemiology from Columbia University and we pretty much spent the year planning our dream wedding!

2009: January 20, 2009 ... DEFINITELY ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING DAYS IN AMERICAN HISTORY ... THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS SWRON IN ... PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! THE WORLD REJOICED! Got married May 23, 2009 ... COULDN'T HELP BUT INVITE THE PRESIDENT AND Mrs. Obama! No ... they didn't show but we did recieve a really cool card w/the presidential seal! AND we got pregnant with our first baby! It's a GIRL!

Can't wait to see what 2010 will bring ... other than our little girl! Happy New Year everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment