Friday, December 11, 2009

Home ...


So, the semester is officially over and I've traveled to Houston for a little rest and relaxation with friends, family and the husband. Tuesday was my masters students' last final and Thursday I flew out. Fortunately for me and baby, I'm missing a good part of the disgusting Chicago weather that really began the morning I left ... Thursday. I walked outside at 5:30 am to catch a cab to O'Hare for my 8 am flight to Houston and I was shocked to find that tears started pouring down my face ... the mucus (tmi) in my nose started to freeze ... while my coat was keeping me and the baby warm ... my legs were freezing ... it was awful. Dare I mention the wind (negative 20 degrees windchill factor) ... I know I live right off of the lake but geeze ... But, I only had to endure the cold for a little while. Thank goodness I'm dodging that bullet ...

Anyway, Kristopher is still traveling for his job (in Tampa right now) ... can't wait to see him ... I miss him so much I can't stand it ... but I'm excited to be in Houston ... the weather is MUCH "warmer" ... supposed to be in the 50's today ... and not to mention ... my Houston baby shower hosted by my mom and a dear friend is tomorrow! WooHoo! On top of that, one of my best friends in the world dropped in last night to say "hello!" He was shocked to see how the baby and I have "grown." A few smart comments here and there but that's to be expected from this clown (Ulric). In true fashion ... he'll be stopping in to say "hello" to everyone at the baby shower tomorrow! Ahhhh ... so cute ... I almost had to move the world to get him to stop by my bridal shower last March ... he was a big hit with all of the ladies at the shower ... did I mention that he's hilarious ...

Ulric (my man of honor) and I after the rehearsal dinner (May 22, 2009).


Another something or the other to be excited about ... Sade's new CD will be in stores on February 8, 2010 ... WOOHOOOOO!!!!! Loving the first single ...


No comments:

Post a Comment